Prof. Delle inducted into Upper West Regional House of Chiefs
Former CPP Chairman Professor Edmund Delle has been inducted into the Upper West Regional House of Chiefs as the Paramount Chief of the Nanton Traditional Area
This was contained in a statement dated Wednesday, April 20, 2022, signed by Chiir Benni Gyimah, the Head of Family.
The statement explained that Prof Delle was duly nominated, selected and enskinned through the laid down customs, traditions and usages by the elders and Kingmakers led by then Head of the Gbullu Chiir Royal Family of Nandom Alhaji Issifu Botug Benni.
By that process, Professor Edmund Nminyem Delle as known in private life was given the Stool name; Naa Professor Edmund Nminyem Delle Chiir VIII.
Prof Delle was the former chairman of the Convention People’s Party (CPP).
Read the full statement:
INTRODUCTION OF NAA PROFESSOR EDMUND NMINYEM DELLE, CHIIR VIII AS THE ENSKINNED AND GAZETTED PARAMOUNT CHIEF OF THE NANDOM TRADITIONAL AREA TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
1. On 11th April 2019, Professor Edmund Nminyem Delle was duly nominated, selected and enskinned through the laid down customs, traditions and usages by the Elders and Kingmakers led by then Head of the Gbullu Chiir Royal Family of Nandom Alhaji Issifu Botug Benni. By that process, Professor Edmund Nminyem Delle as known in private life was given the Stool name; Naa Professor Edmund Nminyem Delle, Chiir VIII and went into confinement.
2. The Nandom Traditional Council which by law and usage oversees to matters of Chieftaincy and tradition was duly informed and upon satisfying due process facilitated the commencement of his gazetting in accordance to practical laid down procedures of the Chieftaincy Act.
3. The Upper West Regional House of Chiefs after satisfying its procedures and practices made its recommendation to the National House of Chiefs for finalization.
4. The respected and revered House after subjecting the matter through its processes, APPROVED and hence Naa Professor Edmund Nminyem Delle, Chiir VIII on 25th March 2022 was gazetted as mandated by law as the new Substantive Paramount Chief of the Nandom Traditional Area.
5. As required by the Chieftaincy Act, the Upper West Regional House of Chiefs proceeded to INDUCT Naa Professor Edmund Nminyem Delle, Chiir VIII into the Upper West Regional House of Chiefs as the Paramount Chief of the Nandom Traditional Area on 19th April 2022. Hundreds of Nandome across the country traveled to Wa the Upper-West Regional capital to witness the momentous occasion.
Naa Professor Edmund Nminyem Delle, Chiir VIII succeeded the late Naa Dr. Puoure Puobe Chiir VII – paramount chief of the Nandom Traditional Area who was known in private life as Dr. Charles Imoru Puoure Puobe.
Until the Royal family’s call on Naa Professor Edmund Nminyem Delle, Chiir VIII, he was the immediate past National Chairman and Leader of the Convention People’s Party, Founder and Owner of Rabito Clinic with over 20 branches nationwide, an astute Entrepreneur of all time, Investor, Philanthropist, Lecturer and a Statesman with over 45 years in practice as a Medical Doctor.
There is a good reason why you should support the African Editors. Not everyone can afford to pay for news right now. That is why we keep our journalism open for everyone to read, including in Ghana. If this is you, please continue to read for free. But if you are able to, then there are three good reasons to support us today.
1. Our quality, journalism is a scrutinising force at a time when the rich and powerful are getting away with more and more.
2. We are independent and have no billionaire owner pulling the strings, so your money directly powers our reporting.
3. It doesn’t cost much, and takes less time than it took to read this message.
Help power the African Editors' journalism for the years to come, whether with a small sum or a larger one. If you can, please support us on a monthly basis from just 1 Ghana Cedi through mobile money number: 0599896099/ +23359989609 and you can be rest assured that you’re making a big impact every single month in support of open, independent journalism. Thank you.